What is GIThrive?
When we say “all-in-one,” we mean everything related to better digestive health—nutrition, education, cutting-edge science, and 24/7 expert support from real human beings. When we say “digital,” we mean it’s 100% technology-based—no lab visits or in-person appointments required. The whole program is brought together through the GIThrive app, accessible on your mobile device or computer.
What's included in the Program?
- Expert Care Team: A Registered Dietitian and dedicated Health Coach
- Personalized Action Plan: To identify the key habits and actions you can take to feel your best
- GutCheck Microbiome Test Kit: To learn how your gut bacteria compares to others
- Personal Nutrition and Special Diets: To reduce inflammation and relieve digestive symptoms
- Smart Food & Symptom Diary: To help you monitor progress, detect possible trigger foods, and stay the course
- 24/7 Gut-Side Assistance™: On-demand help from a gut health expert—anytime, anywhere
- Personalized Education: Self-paced courses, informative articles, and clever tips for better health
- GIThrive App: To tie the whole program together in one convenient place—your phone!
How much does it cost to participate?
Nothing! There are no out-of-pocket cost to you for any part of the GIThrive program including Care Team visits or GutCheck microbiome kits. GIThrive is covered by employers, health plans, and other benefits providers.
Who is on my Care Team?
Your Health Coach has special training in behavioral health and can help with stress management, exercise, goal-setting, accountability, mindfulness techniques, creative problem-solving, and even prepping for a doctor’s appointment.
Your Registered Dietitian is your go-to for all things food. Yes, that means recipes and healthy eating tips, but it’s more than that. Whether you have a diagnosed GI condition, are on a restricted diet, struggle with nagging symptoms, or just want to eat healthier, your Dietitian is here. Your Dietitian can also help you “connect the dots” to get the most out of all the GIThrive tools: food and symptoms logs, GutCheck microbiome test, choosing a nutrition plan, and tracking your progress.
How often should I meet with my Care Team?
Your choice. This program is all about you. Keep in mind that the GIThrive members who experience the greatest benefit meet with their Care Team at least 1-2 times per month. Oftentimes, weekly appointments are the best way to get your personalized treatment plan rolling. You can also chat with your Care Team in between sessions.
With two people on my Care Team, should I connect with one or both of them?
It’s up to you. Some GIThrivers find a strong connection with one person from their Care Team and prefer to stick with that person. Others prefer doubling up on their support and choose to meet with both their Dietitian and Health Coach. Schedule an introductory call with each and see what works for you.
How do I make an appointment with my Care Team?
To schedule an appointment with a member of your Care Team:
1. Log in to GIThrive.com or open the GIThrive app on your smartphone.
2. Tap the message icon or Team button in the upper right corner.
3. Click on the Care Team member you’d like to meet with and select “Schedule Session.”
4. Select the date and time, then tap “Next” to confirm.
What types of situations have you helped with?
Digestive health is complex and tied to SO MANY other aspects of our life, body and overall well-being. That’s why our team is specially trained across multiple disciplines:
• Dietary recommendations tailored to your lifestyle and preferences
• Grocery lists, recipes, cooking or dining-out tips
• Identifying food triggers and symptom patterns
• Setting health goals and new routines
• Accountability, encouragement, motivation, and support
• Doctor appointment prep
• Navigating difficult conversations or situations
• Education and awareness — nutrition, weight management, stress management, news and research
• Finding an exercise routine that works best for you
• Insight and guidance into how to live better, with less effort
What types of symptoms can you help with?
Bowel regularity, bloating, gas, acid reflux (heartburn), appetite regulation, general discomfort, stress, lack of motivation, trouble swallowing, hemorrhoids, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, incontinence, weight management, sluggishness, low energy… We can also help members better understand diagnoses like Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac, GERD, and IBS.
How can I get GIThrive?
1) Download the GIThrive app in the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android)
– OR –
2) Go to welcome.mygithrive.com right now. Click “Create Account” and fill out the form.
Do I need a smartphone to participate?
Is GIThrive only for people diagnosed with a chronic GI disease?
GIThrive is open to everyone! We all have digestive trouble from time to time, so the program is designed to help with a range of conditions and symptoms. From occasional gas, heartburn, or bowel trouble to chronic GI conditions like IBS, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, GIThrive provides science-based solutions that are proven to work.
If I don't really have digestive trouble, can GIThrive still help me?
Probably so! Researchers are discovering that common issues like stress, fatigue, moodiness, and even sinus and skin problems can all tie back to gut health. We like to say that when digestive health is on track, the results often go far beyond the gut.
How do you protect my privacy?
Our team members are trained in cyber security and HIPAA data handling. We never email personal health information. On phone calls, your ID will always be verified. Our tech team encrypts all data, and we have multiple automated safeguards in place to protect your privacy.
Why did I get information about GIThrive? Was I singled out because of a medical condition?
Your health information is private. GIThrive announcement emails are sent to all eligible employees, regardless of health status or medical condition. We also promote the GIThrive program through workplace posters, flyers, and a listing on your company benefits site.
Who can help in an urgent situation?
On-call nurses supplement your GIThrive Care Team and are available 24/7/365 for symptom flares or situations you just aren’t sure how to navigate. (For true medical emergencies, call 911.)
Will my employer know if I participate in GIThrive?
Nope. Member participation in GIThrive is covered by HIPAA privacy laws that protect personal health information, even from your employer.
How do physicians feel about this service?
They appreciate it! The GIThrive program doesn’t replace doctor’s orders; rather, it bridges gaps in care so it’s easier to follow your doctor’s advice. The program can also help you communicate with your providers by suggesting questions to ask and helping you prepare for clinical conversations.