Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed. We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatized, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of stigma.
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health management ecosystem, GIThrive, empowers people—through brilliant technology and advanced science—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Chicago, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is delivered.
- Acts as the main point of contact for Vivante Health members, coordinating ‘whole person’ care and helping the members navigate through Vivante Health’s chronic disease management program.
- Provides one-on-one HIPAA compliant telephonic, video, and instant message coaching to members seeking improved digestion and relief from chronic digestive conditions.
- Provides individualized and holistic health coaching based on member’s primary concern, including but not limited to: stress management, mindfulness, healthy sleep, medication adherence, self-advocacy, physical activity, self-monitoring, and assistance with the app, GIThrive.
- Determines need for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) based on MNT escalation plan. Refers members to dietitians when MNT is necessary.
- Aids in the administrative burden of caring for a chronic disease and supports the member with developing self-efficacy and self-advocacy.
- Applies evidence-based strategies to promote symptom relief, condition treatment, and behavior change.
- Provides education on a variety of topics.
- Assists members in setting health goals and supports accountability for goal attainment.
- Assists members in maintaining engagement with GIThrive, Vivante Health’s learning and engagement technology platform.
- Documents according to established guidelines and Vivante Health expectations.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team for optimal care for the members.
- Assists members in completing their unique Action Plans through GIThrive.
- Contributes articles for blog or website posts and content for the GIThrive platform.
- Practices within HIPAA/state/federal guidelines, Vivante Health’s Practice Guidelines, within personal licensure and scope, and refers to other disciplines according to Vivante escalation plans and guidelines.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of members’ Protected Health Information and is bound by Vivante Health’s confidentiality agreement.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other Health Enhancement field OR completion of an intensive health coaching certification program and achievement of NBC-HWC credentials
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience, preferably working with telehealth or in a distributed environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, specifically, the ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation by telephone or video
- Practical knowledge and experience in integrating behavioral modification methodologies/techniques into coaching delivery
- Self-directed, highly organized, and ability to multitask
- Flexibility to work with variable individual schedules across multiple time zones, including some evening and weekend hours. Your schedule will be created two months in advance.
- Quiet and professional dedicated workspace with secure high-speed internet access
- Certified Health Coach: NBC-HWC credentials preferably, Wellcoaches, International Coach Federation, Duke Integrative Medicine, National Society of Health Coaches, American Council on Exercise.
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internet stipend
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Pay ranges from $45,000-60,000/year plus stock options.
Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer. We are not currently accepting candidates residing outside of the US.