I LOVE Indian take out but sometimes it’s wayyyyy to salty. This is my fav at home version that keeps the salt in check but packs a ton of flavors vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan!
By: Kelli Pitrone, Registered Dietitian & Vivante Health Nutrition Team Manager
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 whole carrots, sliced into coins
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2- 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained
- 1- 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. mild or spicy curry powder
- 30 oz water
In a large soup pot add olive oil and all vegetables except the cauliflower. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and 2 Tbs. curry powder. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add in 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Next add in rice, beans, tomatoes, cauliflower, and water. Mix to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer with top on until rice is tender. About 15 minutes. Top with light sour cream and feta!