Today got me dreaming of these PB & J bars. Minimal ingredients, lightly sweet, and are just all around awesome!
By: Kelli Pitrone, Registered Dietitian & Vivante Health Nutrition Team Manager
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking
- Oats (Gluten-Free or regular)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix these ingredients together and press half of the dough into a sprayed 8×8 pan
- 1/3 cup black raspberry jam mixed with the 2 Tbs chia seeds
- Spread the jam in a thin layer over the base. Sprinkle the remainder of the dough on top of the jelly, similar to if you were making a crumble or crisp. Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.