Planning ahead so dinner isn’t stressful is key for me. I try to cram as much in as I can before 8 am because if I don’t it’s just not going to happen! If you can relate, and have a ham bone, then enjoy this tasty bean soup recipe.
By: Kelli Pitrone, Registered Dietitian & Vivante Health Nutrition Team Manager
- regular sized bag of pinto beans
- ham bone (or 1 lb smoked ham from the store, chopped)
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Soak pinto beans in warm water while your getting ready in the morning
- Drain and throw into crock pot along with a ham bone (or smoked ham)
- Add in chopped onion, garlic cloves, and bay leaves
- Cover beans with water almost to the top of the slow cooker. Turn it on high and let it cook for 6-7 hrs.