Having amazing snacks are a necessity in my book, and there’s nothing better then granola bars. It’s easy to get them at the store – but – it’s much more fun playing with flavors and textures that I personally like. These babies will pump you full of energy, healthy fats, and a nice curb to your sweet tooth!
By: Kelli Pitrone, Registered Dietitian & Vivante Health Nutrition Team Manager
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 Cup grade A or B maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 Cups rolled oats
- 1/3 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup chopped dried Turkish apricots
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 4 ingredients
- Spray a mini muffin tin and fill each muffin hole with the granola bar batter up to the top.
- Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow these to cool fully before taking them out of the pan.
This recipe makes 30-32 granola bites. Each is approx 95-100 calories per bite.