Registered Dietitian – Health Sherpa
Remote – work from home
Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed. We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatized, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of stigma.
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health management ecosystem, GIThrive, empowers people—through brilliant technology, advanced science, and on-demand human support—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Nashville, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is delivered.
- Provides one-on-one HIPAA compliant telephonic, video, and instant message coaching to members seeking improved digestion and relief from chronic digestive conditions
- Provides individualized and holistic health coaching based on member’s primary concern, including but not limited to: stress management, mindfulness, healthy sleep, medication adherence, self-advocacy, physical activity, self-monitoring, and assistance with the app, GIThrive
- Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy to members based on state(s) licensure and based on the member’s primary concern, including but not limited to: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ostomy nutrition, short bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, chronic constipation or diarrhea, gastroparesis, elimination diets, low-FODMAP diet, specific carbohydrate diet, food allergies and intolerances, SIBO, and malnutrition
- Applies evidence-based strategies to promote symptom relief, condition treatment, and behavior change
- Provides education on a variety of topics
- Manages dietary supplements and probiotics
- Manages symptoms related to gastrointestinal and other co-morbid disease conditions
- Assists members in setting health goals and supports accountability for goal attainment
- Assists members in maintaining engagement with GIThrive, Vivante Health’s learning and engagement technology platform
- Documents according to established guidelines and Vivante Health expectations
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team for optimal care for the members
- Assists members in completing learning courses through GIThrive
- Contributes articles for blog or website posts and content for the GIThrive platform
- Practices within HIPAA/state/federal guidelines, Vivante Health’s Standards of Care, within personal licensure and scope, and refers to other disciplines according to Vivante escalation plans and guidelines
- Maintains strict confidentiality of members’ protected health information (PHI) and is bound by Vivante Health’s confidentiality agreement
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Registered dietitian status certified through CDR
- Proof of required licensure as stated by the RD’s home state
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, specifically, the ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation by telephone, video or chat
- Self-directed, highly organized, and ability to multitask
- Flexibility to work with variable individual schedules across multiple time zones, including some evening and weekend hours
- Quiet and professional dedicated workspace with secure high-speed internet access
- Master’s degree in Dietetics or Human Nutrition
- Certified Health Coach: Wellcoaches, International Coach Federation, Duke Integrative Medicine, National Society of Health Coaches, American Council on Exercise
- Multi-state licensure
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing
Interested? Submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include the words “Re: Dietitian Health Sherpa Job Application” in the subject heading to be considered for this opportunity.
Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.