Bio: Hau has more than twenty years of healthcare experience, including leadership roles in clinical medicine, digital health, chronic condition management, and healthcare operations. Prior to Vivante, he served as Senior Vice President of Clinical Strategy at Teladoc Health, Chief Medical Officer at the Shanghai hospitals of United Family Healthcare, and Director of the Chronic Care Management Division at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. Hau is a practicing physician and currently on the faculty at the NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He previously served on the faculty at Stanford University School of Medicine and as a fellow at the Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research.
Smarts: AB Harvard College; MD, MBA, MPH Columbia University; MS Stanford University; Residency and Fellowship Stanford Medicine
Why Vivante? I’m excited to advance the field in an incredibly important and often stigmatized area of healthcare. I appreciate Vivante’s mission-driven, member-centric focus. Gastrointestinal disorders also affect my family and I see the need and opportunity to transform the way digestive care is delivered.
Claim to Fame: Passionate about two Rs: Running and Reading. For running, nothing beats a good run through Central Park or along the Bund. For reading, recommend anything by Adam Grant (Give and Take) or Tim Keller (Every Good Endeavor).
- Laryngopharyngeal sensory deficits in patients with laryngopharyngeal reflux and dysphagia
- Elevated Late Night Salivary Cortisol Levels in Elderly Male Type 2 Diabetic Veterans,
- 100 Years of Inhalational Anthrax: A Systematic Review of Cases from 1900 to 2001.
- Metaanalysis: accuracy of quantitative ultrasound for identifying patients with osteoporosis.
- The Cost-effectiveness of Therapy With Teriparatide and Alendronate in Women With Severe Osteoporosis.
- Systematic Review: The Safety and Efficacy of Growth Hormone in the Healthy Elderly.
- Screening for Osteoporosis in Men: A Systematic Review for an American College of Physicians Guideline
- The Effects of Growth Hormone on Athletic Performance
- The Cost-Effectiveness of hormone therapy in younger and older post-menopausal women
- Yes we can? Can all Americans join the imminent electronic health care revolution? A survey of patients receiving care at a public hospital
- Salivary Cortisol Increases After Bariatric Surgery in Women
- Vitamin D and cardiovascular outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Clinical review: The effect of vitamin D on falls: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Successful Long-Term Treatment of Cushing Disease with Mifepristone
- Are organic foods safer or healthier than conventional alternatives?: a systematic review
- Vaginal birth after caesarean delivery in Chinese women and Western immigrants in Shanghai
- Salmon Bias and Preterm Birth Among Western Immigrants in China