Location: Athens, Greece (Syntagma)
Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed. We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatized, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of stigma.
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health management ecosystem, GIThrive, empowers people—through brilliant technology and advanced science—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Nashville, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is delivered.
We’re looking for a Back-end Software Engineer with a deep understanding of RESTful APIs, object-oriented programming model and relational databases to work with our team. Responsibilities will include analysis, design, development and testing as part of a self-organizing, cross-functional scrum team.
What you will be doing:
● Developing new features on an existing API
● Building reusable code and libraries for future use
● Optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability
● Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
● Contributing to automating deployment and infrastructure related tasks
What we’re looking for:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated learning (workshops, open source contribution, online courses)
- Experience in PHP, Node.js, Golang, or other back-end languages or technologies
- Strong experience using frameworks and following community standards and best practices
- Experience working with RESTful services and HTTP semantics
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge on RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of NoSQL databases and semantics
- Understanding of message queuing protocols like AMQP or experience with Apache Kafka
- Understanding of CI and CD methodologies
- Experience with docker and kubernetes – systems or devops experience is a plus
- Experience using version control systems (git)
- Comfortable working on GNU/Linux or UNIX-like environment
Functional (Good to have)
- Good knowledge of English, especially writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
- Basic knowledge of how the Scrum Framework works
Salary: negotiable depending on skills and experience
Job Type: Full-time
Our offices are located in Syntagma, Athens.
We’re seeking passionate and talented teammates who want to make significant contributions to improve people’s lives. We offer a working environment that is hard-driving but flexible.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your curriculum vitae (resume) to