Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed. We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatized, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of stigma.
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health management ecosystem, GIThrive, empowers people—through brilliant technology and advanced science—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Nashville, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is delivered.
The Controller is responsible for partnering with company leadership and internal stakeholders to lead the accounting and financial reporting function of the enterprise. Key responsibilities include leading the budget, forecasting, month-end close, and reporting functions.
- Leads the development and review of the annual budget, periodic forecast updates and the month-end financial close procedures.
- Prepares and presents analysis of operating results on a monthly and quarterly basis, and monitors routine weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
- Presents monthly financial results to executive leadership with concise variance explanations from budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Serves as the company liaison with external accounting, tax, and audit partners.
- Responsible for the administration of the annual external audit and coordination with internal audit on specific projects.
- Ensures the integrity of the company balance sheet through management of the post-closing review process and periodic balance sheet reviews.
- Maintains general ledger; responsible for overseeing monthly closing activities and minimizing audit adjustments.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected and financial goals are met.
- Manages the company cap table, including issuing stock options and supporting additional funding rounds.
- Oversees the revenue cycle function, including billing through invoices and claims, AR management and claims reconciliation.
- Supports insurance analysis, pricing and renewal negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- MBA in accounting or finance from a leading program preferred.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- 7+ years in accounting/finance experience required.
- Experience managing health plan billing via claims required.
- Experience managing Carta for cap table management preferred.
- Operational finance experience preferred.
- Experience with early-stage healthcare companies is required.
Interested? Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.