Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed.
We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or
stigmatized, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice
the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other
chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL
solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health
management ecosystem, GIThrive, empowers people—through brilliant technology and
advanced science—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time
living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and
consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to
enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites
you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Nashville, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is
The Director – FP&A is responsible for partnering with company leadership and internal
stakeholders to lead the accounting and financial reporting function of the enterprise. Key
responsibilities include leading the budget, forecast, month-end close, and reporting functions.
● Leads the development, review and presentation of the annual budget, forecast updates
and the month-end financial close procedures.
● Prepare and present analysis of operating results on a monthly and quarterly basis, and
monitor routine weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
● Presents monthly financial results to executive leadership with concise variance
explanations from budget, forecast and prior periods. Guides and informs the CEO on
all financial KPIs for the business.
● Serve as the company liaison with external accounting, tax and audit partners.
● Responsible for the administration of the annual external audit and coordination with
internal audit on specific projects.
● Ensure the integrity of the company balance sheet through management of the
post-closing review process and periodic balance sheet reviews.
● Maintain general ledger; responsible for overseeing monthly closing activities and
minimizing audit adjustments.
● Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to
provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected and financial goals
● Manages the company cap table, including issuing stock options and supporting
additional funding rounds.
● Oversees the revenue cycle function, including billing through invoices and claims, AR
management and claims reconciliation.
● Supports insurance analysis, pricing and renewal negotiations.
● Ensures compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
● Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
● Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required.
● MBA in finance or accounting from a leading program, preferred.
● CPA preferred, but not required
● 7+ years in finance/accounting experience required
● Experience managing health plan billing via claims required
● Experience with early-stage healthcare companies is required
● Experience managing Carta for cap table management preferred.
● Operational finance experience preferred
Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.