Remote – work from home | Nashville area preferred
Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed. We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatized, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of stigma.
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health management ecosystem, GIThrive, empowers people—through brilliant technology and advanced science—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Nashville, Chicago, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is delivered.
This technically focused position is responsible for the development of analytics, reporting and insight within the Operations function. The Manager – Business Intelligence will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying our business intelligence solutions across the enterprise. This goal will be achieved by working with cross-functional business teams and utilizing Postgres, BigQuery, and SQL data skills. This role is responsible for application setup, development of report and analytics, identifying opportunities to organize and manage source data for analytics optimization, and ensuring the integrity and quality of the reporting output.
This role will collaborate with the Operations team (including account management, care team operations, engagement operations and the COO) to provide leadership regarding reporting and BI, as well as supports and develop subject matter knowledge for reporting for the benefit of internal and external stakeholders. The Manager – Business Intelligence will ensure the effective design, build, deployment, documentation and maintenance of relational and multidimensional databases to support end-user processes.
The successful candidate will participate in aspects of the BI development life cycle, including: requirements gathering, data modeling, report development, QA testing, product deployment, and end-user support.
- Build knowledge and assist in the execution of the appropriate strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful development of BI reports, dashboards and scorecards.
- Participate in the development and support of reporting solutions including: program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
- Collaborate with the business to understand broader business challenges.
- Design/Maintain supporting workforce metrics and develop scalable analytics solutions (reports, dashboards, models).
- Generate and prepare reports, scorecards, and dashboards to support business owner and team objectives.
- Assist in promotion of BI solutions through Development, QA, and Production environments.
- Provide leadership and influence to evolve Vivante Health’s workforce analytics capabilities. Proactively drive stakeholder awareness of analytics possibilities and ensure understanding of potential business applications.
- Learn and abide by corporate data governance guidance.
- Participate in data modeling and loading as required by the BI Tool in use
- Demonstrate learning agility by utilizing internal and external training opportunities to cross train on Business Intelligence tools and database platforms such as: Postgres (PSQL) and Big Query in Healthcare and/or Regulated Cloud Environments.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency in adopting existing internal report and dashboard development methods.
- Grow professionally to assume greater responsibilities for the activities listed above and demonstrate hands-on technical capability for development projects.
- Attain certification in the use of at least one of the above BI tools within one year.
- Firm knowledge of SQL is necessary for this role.
- Present data informally and facilitate discussion regarding data outputs.
- Collaborate with other internal team members to integrate solutions where additional data is required.
- Provide assistance for BI reporting solutions (e.g. Tableau, Power BI), potentially including: engaging in joint-development with application development teams, assisting user adoption, documenting and communicating standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant work or academic experience. Specific expertise and experience in the areas of data analytics and data warehousing preferred.
- SQL development experience with solid understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database systems and designs required.
- Experience in an Agile BI Reporting development environment highly desirable.
- Experience using BI Discovery oriented tools is highly desired.
- Familiarity with BI tool architectures, functions, and features desired.
- Knowledgeable about working with clinical data within a healthcare system.
- Cloud native Database, BI & Architecture experience desired.
- Prior experience collaborating with offshore development teams preferred.
- Work efficiently and effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload
- Quiet and professional dedicated workspace with secure high-speed internet access
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, strong critical thinking, problem-solving in nature
- Experience in privacy-focused, regulated environments such as HIPAA desired.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform, git, Python3 & Pandas is a bonus
Compensation and Benefits
Vivante Health offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. With offices in Houston, Nashville, Chicago, and Athens (Greece), we’re spread over the globe, and many of us are remote. With accountability and a crazy level of dedication, though, we make it work. Think you have what it takes to join us?
Submit a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Re: Manager – Business Intelligence (Data Analytics)” in the subject heading.
Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.