Location: Athens, Greece (Syntagma)
Vivante Health is a US-based, well-capitalized healthcare startup with a core team in Athens. We address the healthcare needs of large US companies, with a focus on chronic conditions that are difficult to manage–beginning with digestive disease. Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70M Americans are affected and don’t know where to turn for help.
Vivante Health’s mission is to fill the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatized, starting with digestive disease. The company is led by Dr. Kimon Angelides, who has built four successful healthcare companies, the most recent being EosHealth (renamed Livongo), the leader in digital health for diabetes with a market value of more than $1B.
We’re looking for passionate and talented teammates who want to make significant contributions to people’s quality of life. We offer competitive salaries and benefits in a working environment that’s hard driving but flexible. We also offer equity participation (stock) in the company, which has increase in value 10x over the last year. We’re seeking well-qualified Greek software developers who are passionate about their work and interested in both company and personal growth.
What you’ll be doing as our Front-end Developer
- Developing new features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
Here’s what we’re looking for
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated learning (workshops, open source contribution, online courses)
- Ability to develop robust, well thought out, easily maintained and systematic code
- Experience with the Angular framework using Typescript
- Familiarity with UI frameworks, preferably Angular Material
- Working knowledge of package managers and front-end build tools in a production environment (NPM, Bower, Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Expertise in reactive programming (RxJS)
- Comfort with source version control software and package managers (Git)
- 2+ years of experience working with creative teams across design and UX disciplines, implementing and advising on fundamental visual and interactive design discipline
Good to Have
- Experience with CSS3 and Less/Sass (ability to write mixings, partials, use source maps, etc.)
- Experience working with RESTful services or HTTP request semantics
- Experience in testing with Karma and Protractor
- Understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for each
- Knowledge of different browser quirks for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- Comfortable working on GNU/Linux or UNIX-like environment
- Comfortable working in a self-organizing, cross-functional scrum team
- Good knowledge of English, especially written
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
We offer highly competitive salaries, fully paid private health insurance for employee and dependents, travel allowance, and stock option ownership in the company.
Our offices are located in Syntagma, Athens.
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your curriculum vitae (resume) to