Remote – Work from home
Vivante Health is an innovative startup reinventing the way chronic conditions are managed. We’re filling the unmet needs of people with chronic conditions that are invisible, neglected or stigmatizing, starting with digestive disease.
Why digestive? Because an astonishing 70 million people in the US are affected—that’s twice the number with diabetes and more than many other chronic conditions combined. Unlike other chronic conditions, though, digestive diseases often go untreated or misdiagnosed…because of stigma.
At Vivante, we think it’s time to bring digestive health to the forefront while providing REAL solutions to the millions who are struggling and don’t know where to turn. Our health management ecosystem, GIThrive®, empowers people—through brilliant technology, advanced science, and on-demand human support—to spend less time worrying about their digestive symptoms and more time living life. GIThrive is the first and only employer-sponsored program for digestive health.
We’re a young company, but our collective experience in clinical care, patient education, and consumer technology is unmatched. If you have the knowledge, passion and experience to enhance our team and the idea of working for a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic startup excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
With offices in Houston, Nashville, and Athens (Greece) we’re changing the way healthcare is delivered.
- Acts as the main point of contact for GIThrive members, coordinating whole-person care and helping members navigate through the chronic disease management program
- Provides one-on-one, HIPAA-compliant telephonic, video, and instant message coaching to members seeking better digestion and relief from chronic GI conditions
- Provides individualized and holistic health coaching based on member’s primary concern, including but not limited to: stress management, mindfulness, healthy sleep, medication adherence, self-advocacy, physical activity, self-monitoring, and assistance with the GIThrive app
- Determines need for medical nutrition therapy (MNT), based on MNT escalation plan and refers members to dietitians when MNT is necessary
- Aids in the administrative burden of caring for a chronic disease and supports the member with developing self-efficacy and self-advocacy
- Applies evidence-based strategies to promote symptom relief, condition treatment, and behavior change
- Provides education on a variety of topics
- Assists members in setting health goals and supports accountability for goal attainment
- Assists members in maintaining engagement with GIThrive
- Documents according to established guidelines and company expectations
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team for optimal care for the members
- Assists members in completing education courses through GIThrive
- Contributes articles for blog or website posts and content for the GIThrive platform
- Practices within HIPAA/state/federal guidelines, Vivante Health’s Standards of Care, within personal licensure and scope, and refers to other disciplines according to Vivante escalation plans and guidelines
- Maintains strict confidentiality of members’ protected health information (PHI) and is bound by Vivante Health’s confidentiality agreement
- Minimum master’s degree in social work, psychology, or other health enhancement field
- Minimum three years of relevant experience, preferably working with telehealth or in a distributed environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, specifically, the ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation by telephone or video
- Excellent written communication skills
- Self-directed, highly organized, and ability to multitask
- Flexibility to work with variable individual schedules across multiple time zones, including some evening and weekend hours
- Quiet and professional dedicated workspace with secure high-speed internet access
- Certified health coach: Wellcoaches, International Coach Federation, Duke Integrative Medicine, National Society of Health Coaches, American Council on Exercise
- Experience with motivational interviewing
Interested? Submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include the words “Re: Social Worker – Health Sherpa Job Application” in the subject heading.
Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.